Estate and Trust Litigation
Wilson Law Firm provides our clients with aggressive representation in connection with probate, estate and trust litigation. With any dispute, our attorneys always carefully consider whether other options may be available to settle the case on acceptable terms not only at the outset of our engagement but also throughout the course of our representation. However, if settlement is not possible for whatever reason, and if mediation or arbitration does not appear to be an option or does not resolve the dispute, we provide our clients with aggressive representation to pursue our client’s claims or defend our client’s position in order to vigorously and efficiently resolve the case to a successful conclusion.
We have significant experience in virtually all types of litigation involving Probate and Trust law matters including, by way of example, the following:
- Representing and defending Trustees and Personal Representatives in litigation
- Bringing claims on behalf of the Probate or Trust Estate to recover Estate assets
- Will contests
- Trust disputes
- Actions to remove Trustees or Personal Representatives, and to surcharge Trustees or Personal Representatives for wrongful conduct by such fiduciary
- Actions to require an accounting or to obtain other documents and information from Personal Representatives or Trustees that have failed to comply with their fiduciary duties
- Actions against an individual for the improper use of a financial Power of Attorney or other misconduct by a fiduciary including misappropriation of funds, failure to provide information or documents regarding their actions, exploiting a family member or other person or the breach of a confidential relationship
- Guardianships/Conservatorships-obtaining appointment or contesting appointment of someone seeking to be given authority for the care of another person and/or their property (minors and adults)
- Pursuing those who exploit a family member or some other incapacitated or vulnerable adult
- Any other actions involving beneficiaries or fiduciaries of an estate or trust
Please contact us to schedule a free consultation to discuss how Wilson Law Firm can assist you with your Probate or Trust litigation matter.